Saturday 16 July 2011

Together On A Mission 2011!


So I went away to a New Frontiers conference with a few of my friends this week. For people who don't know New Frontiers is a family of Evangelical churches across the world, there are around 240 in the UK and many others across the nations. My church is one of them.

So every year they have a conference at the Brighton Centre called "Together on a Mission" or for students and 20's "Mobilise." The conference is 4 days with 4 meetings a day, with worship and amazing teaching too.

And what a week! I had a great time, I stayed at my friend's Bekky and Holly's house overnight and we commuted to Brighton everyday. There were 7 of us in total and it was lovely to spend time with all of them, I had a great week.


But aside from that, the meetings were FABULOUS. The worship was amazing, Simon Brading, Phatifish, Kate Simmonds, and Evan Rogers were all there and they led us so well. You cannot beat the worship at events like that.


The teaching was also astounding, all of the preaches were amazing and I learnt so much about God, but the one that really stood out for me was from PJ Smyth, about he dealt with being diagnosed with cancer last year (he is now cancer free I am very happy to say!) It was amazing, he taught me so much about how to trust in God in hard times, and really revealed to me just how much God loves us, it touched me deeply and I am deeply affected by that preach and always will be.


The last night was also AMAZING. They took all of the chairs out and made the event free to the public, and there were thousands of people there. We worshipped and then we spent the whole evening praying for the nations and the areas in need. It again was so touching to know we were coming together, praying for places that seem so far away but that we care about so deeply!



So all in all, it was a fantastic week, I met with God so powerfully and know so much more than I did before the week. I can honestly say it changed my life.

Unfortunately that was the last "together on a mission" event to be held, but Mobilise is still going to go ahead next year at around Easter time. I'm so looking forward to it already!

Love you guys, have a great week and God bless you all :) xxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad to see people blogging about their religion! :D You are bold to do so, thank you! Check out my blog, and follow please! I am following you now. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh thanks love, glad to see you are doing the same too! and when I created this blog I decided that I was going to write about everything that was important to me, and Christ is the most important of all. I will definitely check out your blog, seems me and you have a lot of the same interests :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lucy,
    please stop by my blog for a big surprise! I just wanted you to know that you deserve it and I love your blog :D
    http://sarasaysheyy.blogspot.com/2011/07/i-got-5-awards.html

    ReplyDelete